SocRoc Soccer now offers a half-day (10 AM - 1 PM) outdoor Summer Soccer & Fitness Program in Central Park (UES) for 3-5 year-olds. Play soccer, focusing on a skill of the day, learn a little yoga, work on fitness exercise, play theater games, sing camp songs, go on nature walks with friends, and have an all-around great time! The program meets in just inside Central Park at 78th & 5th Avenue, 100 yards north of Levin Playground.
Come for a day, a couple days, a full week, or sign up for the whole summer ($425 for full week or $95/day). Discounts available to students who register for four or more weeks. Email email@example.com for your special coupon. Keep in mind for families with a younger sibling, there is an ongoing toddler class (18mo - 3yrs) offered before this program every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 9:15-10 AM. Find it here.
Typical Camp Day
- 10:00 -10:15 AM - Arrival and Free Play
- 10:15 -11:00 AM - Warm-up and Fun Soccer & Fitness games
Examples: Kick the coach, Red Light Green Light, Obstacle Courses and Freeze Tag (all involving the soccer ball
- 11:00 - 11:15 AM - Water break and Joke time
- 11:15 -11:45 AM - Soccer Skill of the Day (Examples: Power kicks, passing and receiving, dribbling moves, defense) and Fitness Exercise of the Day (Examples: Squats and Squat jumps, pushups, Jumping Jacks, Ab Crunches, Yoga poses, Martial Art kicks)
- 11:45 AM -12:30 PM - Lunch Break and Nature Walks in Park, Talent Shows, Dance Parties, Theater Games
- 12:30 PM -12:55 PM - Goal Scoring, small-sided games and review Skill of the Day and Fitness Exercise of the Day.
- 1:00 PM – Pick-up